Sunday, August 17, 2008

Project Gutenberg

The concept of downloading books onto my computer caused me to have a couple of concerns. Firstly, because I have a limited download facility on my internet connection, I was concerned that downloading a book would take a large amount of my capacity. Secondly, I was not sure how easy it would be to read a book on the screen.

I downloaded Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll from Project Gutenberg. Because the book was text only, with no illustrations, it was a relatively small file (249kb) and hence was very quick and did not use a lot of my download capacity. Also the text is very clear, and using different magnifications on the screen, I was able to read it easily.

Project Gutenberg is a very useful site: http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

No comments: